Saturday, July 16, 2011

Week 2

Week 2 = horrible. Jason was permitted a phone call on Monday (July 4th) which was unexpected and exciting. I have never heard him sound so discouraged and down on himself - being continually yelled at and told that he was a stupid screw-up who would never do anything right sounded like it was getting to him. Also, he had been forced to stay up all night previously writing a 6 page paper. Who expects to have to write papers in boot camp??? So he was running on 2 hrs. of sleep and I knew that was making everything sound worse. Still, I worried excessively about how miserable Jason was, about whether or not I had gotten him in trouble when I (without thinking) wrote a note on the outside of an envelope, about if things would ever improve...we'll see when his next phone call comes...if they let him call this weekend.

I really hate this week. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment