Sunday, July 24, 2011

Week 4

Week 4 = stress overload --> Huge relief

Sunday was a pretty good day, Lucy and I went to church and later that evening to a church ice cream social. We mainly went because the house was empty and lonesome and I was getting super-stressed about the lack of response in all of our house advertising. It was at the house of a couple of church ladies (who have a beautiful back yard and patio - perfect for ice cream socials!) and they had made 5 (yes 5) different kinds of homemade ice cream along with cookies, lemon bars, cherry cheesecake bars and other sweet goodies. Since it would have been rude not to eat ANYTHING (& since EVERYTHING there was pure sugar) I tried little scoops of 2 different kinds of ice cream - they were delicious, but actually gave me a tummy ache (or that could have been the 30 minutes of running Lucy around after Noah - her 3 year old buddy- after eating said ice cream...but at least I worked it off!)

Monday I called Sondra back. She had been interested in renting but couldn't afford our mortgage. I asked her if she would like to come look at the house because we would be willing to lower the price to her range. (We figured better to lose $50/month on the house than $800/month!). She did and loved it and wanted to rent. I was pretty enthusiastic too, but after she left I started having 2nd thoughts. Single mom, 2 kids, 1 on the way, steady job, but no savings and no bank account...I wasn't sure I should take the risk, as much as I wanted to get the house rented and help her out...and I had to make the decision on my own. I might have binged on diet root beer and hyperventilated a little. If we were going to make a bad decision I would MUCH rather it was only HALF my fault. Seriously missing my husband!!!

I put together a very thorough lease and prayed that if she wasn't the renter for us that God would make it really clear to her that she couldn't handle the lease agreement.

Tuesday she brought her mom to show her the house and I felt much better. Her mom and dad were retired Air Force with enough money and sense to help her out if she needs it. We went over the lease - she was good with everything so we signed, she handed over the security deposit, I had an extra key made and viola! Rented house!

Wednesday Lucy and I headed back to Charlotte. Much relieved!

The rest of the week was filled with getting back into the workout routine I abandoned while in WV, being thankful I didn't have to worry about the house anymore, calling various companies and cancelling things, switching things over, following up on things...general admin-type stuff related to running and renting a house, visiting with friends, battling a headache, taking care of Lucy, and NOT worrying about the house!

At one point we got to have a very short (official-type)conversation with Jason when he needed some info for his security clearance. That was fun. Now we have made it to our 5th sunday (of 8!) and are SOOO excited that there are only 3 Sundays left!

Waiting for our weekly phone call - hoping it's tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment