Saturday, September 3, 2011

Week 6, 7, and 8

Yes, I am soooo behind! So here's the reader's digest version:

Week 6: Slow, but not quite as slow as week 5 because now all of my stuff has to be sorted and packed for 1) a 4 day trip to Banner Elk. 2) a 4 day trip to Texas. 3) a 3 week trip to New Mexico and 4) a 5 week trip to Texas. Basically 2 months of stuff, that can fit in my car (with a carseat and a jogger) separated into easy-to-access bags for the shorter portions of my trip and 2 suitcases with 5 weeks worth of stuff to take on the airplane...Whew!

Week 7: Trip to Banner Elk!!! Lots of fun up in the mountains hanging out with best buhds I haven't seen in YEARS!!! (well, I hadn't seen most of them in years...) ..and getting to introduce Lucy to my friends before moving out west with her. Great way to spend week 7 and keep my mind off the fact that it is ALMOST time to go see my AMAZING husband graduate from boot camp!

Week 8: Mom flies into Charlotte from NM just to drive my car to Texas for me (so Lucy doesn't have to make the 21 hour drive) because she's completely AWESOME! Car gets packed and leaves. Anita and I hit the nail salon to get special pre-graduation pedicures...and then IT'S TIME TO GO!!!!!

Graduation: Lucy did awesome on the plane rides. Jason looked incredible in his uniform. I am so so so proud of him! It was one of the best 3-day weekends I've ever had. We just hung around, visited the river walk in San Antonio, and enjoyed each other's company. It was fabulous. I only got emotional once...Sunday...our last day together before he went to Tech school and I went to NM for a few weeks. At least this time we can talk on the phone for a little while every night...and we can skype.

Hopefully time will fly until we are all together again.

I know I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment