Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Changes...

I haven't written in a while, life has been full of changes over the past month. For those who don't already know, here's a quick update:

- Jason enlisted in the Air Force, scored AMAZING on his ASVAB, and got his number 1 job pick: UAV Sensor Operator. He'll be part of a 3 man team operating an unmanned aircraft. The pilot flies it, Jason operates all the sensors, interprets and relays information to the intelligence officer who decides what to do with said information. It's one of the newest jobs in the AF and one that shouldn't have to deploy since they operate the planes in the middle east from a box in say, New Mexico. He left for basic training yesterday. =(

- Our house in Lewisburg has been for sale for 2 months...no luck. Now it's up for sale or rent and we are hoping for a medical student (or 3).

- Lucy and I are staying in Huntersville, NC for the next 60 days....and we have big plans!

Day 2 of 60...

Jason has only been gone for 23 hours at this point. I am torn between desperately wishing we were together, and excitement over all we are going to accomplish over the next 2 months. It's never fun to be missing your other half, but it can present opportunities. For example, I am taking this opportunity to try and break my addiction to processed sugar (I am seriously addicted... mean like heroin...) which will hopefully kick some weight loss into gear. I am also working really hard to build some better Bible-reading and work-out habits. It's much easier to commit to a schedule for a *short* amount of time with a concrete end date than an indefinite 'New Year's Resolution' life-change-type deal. Those usually burn out in a couple weeks.

I think the motivation of trying to reach a goal while Jason is at boot camp, (putting up with an awful lot of crap for the sake of Lucy and I) will be enough to keep me on track for 2 months...and once you push through that initial difficulty you find yourself on the other side feeling better, looking better, and in the habit of living better (I hope).

So, day 2 of 60...Morning run and Bible reading accomplished. Processed sugar consumption so far = 0

*can't wait for Jason's call letting me know his address so I can write to him! Then I won't have to carry my phone, pen, and paper around constantly (even on a run and to the bathroom!)  I'm praying that he is feeling good and not too overwhelmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment