Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Today

Today Lucy crawled on her hands and knees for the first time. She's been army crawling for a month, and after dozens of attempts she finally managed to coordinate her hands and knees without involving her tummy. She went 3 steps (steps? crawls? Scootches?).

Today I alternated running and walking for 30 minutes. It was quite difficult, but not really as close to the near-death experience as I thought it would be. I think my goal of just running for 30 minutes is actually attainable after all. (like my alliteration there?)

Today Jason experienced his first full day of boot camp...in Texas...in late June. I have never prayed so much for  one person in one day in my life.

Today Lucy decided that every item in the house (movable or immovable) is there for the sole purpose of helping her stand up and she should try them all. To that end she attempted pulling herself up with the help of a rolling chair, the corner of the dresser, the rocking recliner, the half-empty diaper box, the computer monitor, and the dog. I'm torn between feeling guilty and feeling relieved that she (only) fell and hit her head on the floor twice (once was carpet). Both times she recovered in under a minute so I think it was scary more than anything.

Today I went the whole day without eating processed sugar. I had a killer headache. I don't know if the two things were related.

Today Jason might be able to call me with his address so I can start sending him letters. I hope so. He's only been gone 34 hours but I hate not being able to encourage him in any way.

Today I decided that if we make it to the end of Sept. without any trips to the doctor (other than check-ups) we will be doing awesome. I discovered that Lucy is growing up in jumps not in steps so I need to expect the unbelievable. And I doubted she would try to walk before Jason graduated....but now I'm not so sure.

Today was a big day. And it was only the second one.

2 comments:

  1. I love it. I'm so proud of you for going a day without the sugar. That really is stinkin' hard. I'm trying so hard to up my running (eh, jogging really) and it's so hard. Mostly because I have gotten injured in the past several times and I have to walk a very fine line of running too much or not enough to improve. Bleh. Have your camera ready at all times for this Lucy phase. (Unless you are that gentlest of sweet mothers who would never think of snapping a quick picture of your hilariously and precariously stuck kid, before coming to their rescue. I got all sorts of great pictures of Charlie in this phase, when he would get stuck holding onto something, but half way falling down, just wailing for me to come rescue him. But maybe I'm just a meany mama too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, no I would totally snap a picture before rescuing if it looked like she could hold on that long =) ... so I don't usually weigh myself every day, but I did yesterday morning and then this morning just to see if there was any change at all with the elimination of sugar. I lost almost 2 pounds! Obviously I'm not expecting that rate to continue, but it was a very shocking and encouraging start! And running used to be so much easier before my body went through all the psychotic changes of motherhood. We'll see if it can be recovered!

    ReplyDelete